Just a way to keep tabs on the lives of the Godard family as we go about our daily activities. We'll post updated pictures, goals and the events that our family partakes in.

Friday, February 5, 2010

Sick week

Oh the joys of winter and the illness it brings! Danik is feeling much better and is almost finished with his antibiotics for his ear infection. Maxime woke us up in the wee hours on Sunday night with croup. Off to the emergency room we went for 6 hours! I had to wait until he was cleared by the pediatrician as the doctor and nurses had never seen croup in such a young baby before. His croup has cleared but he's still not feeling 100%. Hopefully it all passes quickly and we can have our happy family back for at least a couple weeks before the next wave of illness hits!

Danik has decided that he no longer wants to sleep in his crib. He jumped out of his crib when I put him down for a nap yesterday. He screamed angrily at me for putting him to bed from the top of the stairs and then quietly came downstairs and went and sat with his trains. He looked up at me and smiled saying "no nap momma" and then happily played all afternoon. Of course he passed out on the couch at 7:30 before his bath because he was exhausted. Then he was up at 2am and would not go back to sleep in his crib. He's currently sleeping on the couch at 8:30 in the morning after a very awake night. Needless to say, Al and I will be going "big-boy" bed shopping tomorrow!

We finally had some sticky snow this week so Danik and I ventured outside to build a snowman. Danik named the snowman "snow" and had so much fun playing outside.
Danik also had fun eating the snow and helping me shovel.

He has his second ice-skating lesson tomorrow. Let's hope that a healthier boy equals a happier time on the ice! Fingers crossed that he enjoys it this time and lasts longer than 15 minutes!

Tanya.

1 comment:

  1. HI AL, TANYA, DANIK AND MAXIM

    I LOVE YOUR WEBSITE! YOU ARE DOING SUCH A GREAT JOB. I AM VERY HAPPY THAT MAXIM IS FEELING BETTER.
    AUNT BONNIE

    ReplyDelete