Just a way to keep tabs on the lives of the Godard family as we go about our daily activities. We'll post updated pictures, goals and the events that our family partakes in.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sorry!

Well, I certainly lost motivation to keep things updated her after poor little Max was sick! We ended up in the hospital for 2 days and nights on the pediatric floor. He had Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), which caused bronchiolitis and a very poor oxygen level. It was very hard to be away from Danik and to see our little baby on oxygen (plus getting blood drawn, swabs done, etc.) but luckily Max overcame the virus pretty quickly and easily put back on the weight he had lost. Both boys are healthy now and growing like crazy!

Danik went a week without napping and is now back to having a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon. By the end of the week this is what I was dealing with by dinnertime:
If I tried to put him down for a nap he would just jump out of his crib and scream at me while running down the hallway. He's back to going down no problem now!

Maxime's personality is really starting to come through now. He laughs at Danik and the dogs and really likes to talk to us now. He is staying up for longer stretches throughout the day and really just goes with the flow around here. He is consistently sleeping a 6 hour or more stretch now at night. It's nice to have a baby that sleeps!

Danik has taken to helping me in the kitchen when I'm making lunch or dinner. I have a kid-safe knife for him that is similar to a pumpkin carving knife. He loves to stir and mash and gets really excited to help me.

I've created a few cakes as well in the past weeks. The first one was my birthday cake and the second was just a fun cake that I made for my portfolio.

I promise to update this blog more frequently and to keep the pictures current!

Tanya.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear all your boys are much better! Love the photos! Can't wait to see you guys again!
    Miss ya all!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well he may not allow a bib however the apron seems ok with him! So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete